Installation of OranumCam
You can download OranumCam from the Home page of your Broadcaster Center by clicking on the yellow 'Download OranumCam' button. An Install Guide below the button has also been made available to assist you with the process.
When the installer is downloaded, you will need to run the installer .exe file and follow through the steps described there. Make sure to run the installation with administrator rights (Right-click > Run as administrator).
Although OranumCam runs on Windows 8 and 8.1, we strongly recommend using Windows 10 for the best experience and to avoid issues.
You can check the version of your Windows the following way:
- Please open your Start Menu and type in 'Computer'.
- Right click the computer icon and select 'Properties'.
- Windows version is shown under Windows specifications.
If your Operating System has some crucial modules and components missing, it can hinder the use of our OranumCam software. Due to this, during OranumCam installation, whenever any crucial component is missing, you will receive a prompt to install these elements before proceeding with the installation.
Below you can find the list of components that you might have to install in case the software prompts you to. We recommend using Google Chrome browser to download these files.
Please use the information (Build Number, Platform) provided by the OranumCam installer (Missing Components page) to determine what version you will need to install.
Windows 8 Service Pack:
There is no Service Pack available for Windows 8. Should the installer direct you here please contact the Technical Support from you Psychic Center.
Windows 8 UCRT:
Download link for Platform x86: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49067
Download link for Platform x64: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49082
Windows 8 Media Feature Pack:
Download link for Build Number 9200: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30685
Windows 8.1 Service Pack:
Download link for Platform x86: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42327
Download link for Platform x64: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42335
Windows 8.1 UCRT:
Download link for Platform x86: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49071
Download link for Platform x64: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49081
Windows 8.1 Media Feature Pack:
Download link for Build Number 9600: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42503
Windows 10 Service Pack:
There is no service pack available for Windows 10. Should the installer direct you here, please contact Technical Support from your Psychic Center.
Windows 10 UCRT:
To be updated. Should the installer direct you here, please contact Technical Support from your Psychic Center.
Windows 10 Media Feature Pack:
Download link for Build Number 10240: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3010081/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-kn-editions
Download link for Build Number 10586: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3099229/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-kn-editions-novembe
Download link for Build Number 14393: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3133719/media-feature-pack-for-n-editions-of-windows-10-version-1607
Download link for Build Number 15063: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4016817/media-feature-pack-for-n-edition-of-windows-10-version-1703-april-2017
Download link for Build Number 16299: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4039813/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2017
Download link for Build Number 17134: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4057437/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-april-2018
Download link for Build Number 17763: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4134255/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2018
Download link for Build Number 18362 (v1903):
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack
Select the 1903 edition (May 2019) from the dropdown list.
Click on the 64-bit Download.
Install the downloaded package.
If you are not able to find your build number here, please follow these steps:
- Right click on your Windows icon and open Settings.
In Settings find the Apps menu and open it.
In the Apps menu the Apps and Features tab will open.
In the Apps and Features please select the first clickable option on the top, Optional features. You can add a new feature with the + icon on the top.
After you selected the + icon search for the Media Feature Pack, click on it and select install. After the installation process is finished restart the computer, the Media Feature Pack will be active and usable only after the restart.
Download link for missing VcRedist component: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
Here is a tutorial video on how to update your drivers:
Download Intel Driver and Support assistant here.
Download GeForce experience here.
Audio/video device not working
Whenever OranumCam states there's something wrong with the webcamera or the microphone, please check the relevant Privacy settings in Windows as the first step.
Even if the 'Allow apps to access your camera / microphone' setting is ON, turn it OFF then back ON again, this way the permission will be granted again.
You might need to do the same a bit below, at 'Allow desktop apps to access your microphone'. Scroll down a bit to reach these settings.
If this method won't solve the problem, close all applications that might have access to your camera, unplug the camera and plug it back into a USB port after 10 seconds.
No camera image
Note that there are some cameras which might not be supported by certain operating systems. For the best experience we suggest using one of our recommended cameras.
- Logitech C920:
Windows default camera drivers are not reliable for this camera thus we suggest installing the official Logitech drivers instead.
You can download it for Windows 10 here.
- Other Logitech cameras:
These cameras can be used with the drivers included in Windows. However in case of any problem you can use the official Logitech driver of C920.
During installation it may state that these cameras are not compatible, but they will work without problem nonetheless.
It’s also recommended to have the latest camera driver installed for your camera. They are included with the camera or may be downloaded from the camera manufacturer’s website.
Basic troubleshooting for camera issues:
- Select the correct camera device in OranumCam. If not necessary, avoid using a splitter.
- Plug the camera into a different USB port, preferably one at the back of the computer, avoid using a USB Hub.
- Reinstall your OranumCam.
Slow camera image
Slow camera image is mostly the result of connection problems or low upload speed. However, other problems could cause this too. To resolve this issue, try the following:
- Ensure your connection meets the minimum requirements and your are connected via cable, because a WIFI connection can reduce the stability. If you suspect connection could be the issue, please check the guide's connection speed part.
Image quality may also decrease with high/overloaded processor or memory use.
- To see more about CPU and memory usage, please press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time. This will open up Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager select the 'Performance' tab where you can see the actual use of your CPU and memory. If they are above 80% it can result in camera problems.
- Close some of your running applications and browser tabs, only leave the most necessary programs running.
Camera settings can also make the camera image slow. Setting high values in the camera software may cause the camera trouble providing a stable 30 FPS image. Turn off the "Follow my face", "RightLight" / "Low light compensation" functions.
Open Device Manager from the Start Nenu, check the Display adapters, then search for the latest driver on the internet released specifically for your hardware.
Download and install the latest compatible driver (make sure to update Windows beforehand), then restart the PC.
- nVidia: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics
- AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support
With certain cameras, the camera's microphone can be muted by a remote controller. Check if it is not accidentally pressed.
Check the audio input selection on OranumCam's log in panel, under Advanced settings.
- Open OranumCam, but do not log in.
- When you are at the login screen, click on the Advanced settings button.
- The select the correct Audio Device, which is your camera's device in most cases.
If you cannot find your microphone in OranumCam, ensure that the device is enabled and the volume is not too low in the Recording devices in Windows.
Look for a speaker icon on your taskbar (at the bottom right corner of the screen), right click it then select Sounds.
In the Sound settings go to the "Recording" tab, then right click and select "Show Disabled Devices".
Enable the microphone you would like to use (right click on it and if it is disabled you will see the option to enable).
Right click on the correct device and select "Properties". Switch to the Levels tab and raise the microphone array.
Having a high Internet connection speed is necessary for broadcasting. The minimum required connection is 1500 kbps (1.5 Mbps) international uploading and 2000 kbps (2.0 Mbps) international downloading speed.
- Connect via cable at all times instead of wifi to ensure the stability.
- Make sure that the OranumCam application is not blocked in your antivirus and firewall. For more info, head over to the Firewall and Antivirus application(s) part.
- Disable your VPN or proxy (a software which can alter your location) if you have any on your PC, as these will likely negatively affect your connection speed and quality.
- Ensure that other programs that can take away your bandwidth (hour length youtube videos, other sites, torrent or downloads) are closed.
- Checking connection speed and the stability of your connection.
- Please use our SPEEDTEST to measure the connection.
NOTE: We are not able to accept results from different sites, since our SPEEDTEST measures your connection directly towards our servers it is the only reliable source.
The bandwidth we recommend will be used by OranumCam alone, so if you want to listen to music online, or watch videos while using OranumCam as well, you will need even faster connections to not affect OranumCam's video and audio quality.
- Please use our SPEEDTEST to measure the connection.
- Restart your Router/Modem.
- Skip the router and connect directly to your computer with the internet cable.
- You may also contact your ISP to ensure the issue is not on their end.
In many cases, the root of the error lays in a simple Windows Update. Keep the operating system up-to-date, always check for updates, install the feature updates and optional updates as well.
The Windows Update service must be enabled and ensure that the computer is up-to-date.
- Please open your Start Menu and type in 'Services'.
- Open the 'Services' and in the upcoming list find 'Windows update'.
- Right click 'Windows update', go into 'properties', set it to 'Automatic' and press apply.
- Next, open your Start Menu and type in 'Windows Update'.
- Click on 'Check for Updates' and wait for the search to finish.
- If any updates are available, install all of them and restart the PC (This can take some time to finish).
- In some cases not all updates can be installed at once, so repeat these steps until Windows finds no more updates after the restart.
Enable Automatic Windows Updates on Windows 10
Please head to Settings, then navigate to Windows Updates
Head into the Advanced options.
Here, you can choose to enable the automatic updates .
Firewall and Antivirus
Make sure that the OranumCam application is not blocked in your antivirus and firewall. Firewall and antivirus applications at times significantly slow down or even block your stream.
Allow OranumCam through the antivirus and the firewall or we recommend disabling these applications completely while you’re broadcasting online.
Turning off Windows Firewall
- Open the START menu, type firewall.cpl and hit enter.
- Click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”. It is the second choice in the menu next to a shield icon.
- Choose “Turn off Windows Firewall,” then hit OK.
The most common versions of antivirus softwares are located on the taskbar. By clicking on an antivirus icon, you can normally open the settings panel where you should be able to turn it off.
How to turn off Avast Antivirus: System tray-> right click to Avast icon -> choose avast! shields control -> choose for how long would you disable it -> press Yes on the warning window.
How to turn off Avira Antivirus: System tray -> right click to the Avira icon -> uncheck the Enable Real Time Protection -> a closed umbrella appears after disabling it.
How to turn off Norton 360 Antivirus: System tray -> right click to the Norton 360 icon -> then select the Disable Anti Virus Auto Protect -> select the time interval -> click to OK.
How to turn off AVG Antivirus: Open the AVG -> right top corner -> click to Options -> select Advanced settings ->on the next window choose Temporarily Disable AVG Protection -> under this option click to the Temporarily Disable AVG Protection button - > select the duration.
In case you are experiencing any other technical issue or need assistance feel free to contact our Online Support Chat anytime.
- No labels